A few days ago, I was asked to prepare a Tiramisu... of course I will do it! my pleasure! But... it's summer.. it's so hot outside... and Tiramisu has a lot of cream which tends to melt... I found a brilliant, refreshing and delicious solution... ;)
Recipe comes from: http://www.kwestiasmaku.com/desery/semifreddo/torcik_semifreddo/przepis.html but there are a lot of my private changes, as this recipe skips some more or less obvious activities.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 glass of sugar
- 250g of mascarpone
- 4-5 drops of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of lemon peel
- 1-2 packagings of ladyfingers
- 50-70 ml of chocolate/amaretto liqueur or a couple of drops of almond extract
- cocoa and instant coffee (for sprinkling every tier)
- 500 g of strawberries (either frozen or fresh)
- some sugar for the taste*
- 1 teaspoon of corn flour melted in 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Defrost strawberries if frozen. Put in a pot, add sugar, boil for 7 minutes. Sieve.
- Add flour, boil, add lemon juice, boil.
- Take a loaf pan, put baking paper inside, so that some of it sticks out of the loaf pan. Put it in the freezer.
- Peel the lemon, squeeze, to get the juice, put aside.
- Separate egg yolks from whites, put in two different (quite big) bowls.
- Mix yolks with sugar on the highest rotation power of the mixer, till it gets smooth.
- Keep mixing - add mascarpone, vanilla extract and lemon peel.
- Beat the whites (around 7 minutes)
- Add whites to yolks. Stir gently.
- Take the loaf pan out of the freezer.
- Put the first tier of ladyfingers inside. Add some liqueur/almond extract*. Put some cream, sprinkle with cocoa and instant coffee.
- Repeat all the steps from 9 - ladyfingers, liqueur/extract, cream, cocoa+coffee.
- Put the foil on the top and put the cake into the freezer for at least 8 hours.
- Max 30 minutes before giving the cake to your guests, take as many portions as you need and put them in the fridge. The rest of the cake remains in the freezer.
- Add some sauce if you wish - caramel, chocolate, strawberry, raspberry, etc.
- Bon Appetit!