That's an easy, healthy and delicious meal. Good idea for dinner, lunch or supper. Tzatziki matches it very much. Recipe taken from my uncle, greetings and thanks for him!
Ingredients (for around 15 pancakes):
- 1 courgette
- 1/2 of marrow
- spices: salt, pepper, chilli, cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1-1,5 glasses of milk
- 2-2,5 glasses of flour
- Wash the courgette and the marrow.
- Peel (optional).
- Grate both vegs on a grater, put in a big bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt. Leave for a few minutes so that water comes out.
- Pour the water away by squeezing vegs or using a sieve. It has to be done precisely.
- Sprinkle the vegs with spices.
- Add chopped onion (optional)
- Add milk, stir. Add flour - one glass after another, stiring all the time. The consistency of the dough needs to be very thick.
- Take a frying pan* grease it, start preheating. Put 1-3 tablespoons of the dough on the frying pan and distribute on the entire surface, so that the pancake is thin.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on a low heat (each side).
- Other vegs, Tzatziki, etc. matches that pancakes, so feel free to take your favourite ones.
- Bon Appetit! :)
* I've got a frying pan that doesn't require any greasing before frying. It does have its price, but believe me, it is a real miracle. Nothing burns, your meal will be fried in a colour you let it be, not burnt brown. I do recommend it. If you are willing to buy it - one, middle size, will be enough and you'll probably stop using the rest of your frying pans :).