This perfect cake has only perfect advantages :) perfectly literally! :) It is perfect for a gift, it looks gorgeous, tastes wonderfully, it is extremely easy to make and doesn't require using an oven :)
The recipe, slightly changed, comes from this website.
- Prepare this cake at least an evening earlier as it needs to stiffen in the fridge for a good few hours.
- Please note that You need to use 16cm springform cake pan, unless the cake will be destroyed.
- Make sure your springform pan is perfectly clean and do not use baking paper, as it will stick to the raspberry foam, get moist and after all, you'd end up with another cake layer, made of baking paper.
- 200 g of Savoiardi/ladyfingers (around the cake)
- red, forest fruit (top)
Raspberry mousse (bottom):
- 350g of raspberries (fresh or frozen - if so, defrost)
- lemon juice from 1/2 of lemon
- 1/3 glass of sugar
- 2,5 teaspoon of powdered gelatin
- 200ml of 36% cream, cool
- 250g of mascarpone cheese, cool
- 150ml of 36% cream, cool
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1,5 teaspoon of powdered gelatin + 30ml of hot milk
- 150g of raspberries (fresh or frozen - if so, defrost)
- Take a pot, put raspberries, lemon juice and sugar inside. Bring to boil, stiring from time to time.
- Sieve, to get a mousse without small seeds.
- Dissolve gelatin in a small amount (a tiny little bit, just to cover the gelatin) of boiling water, stir so that it melts completely.
- Bring the mousse to boil again and add previously prepared gelatin. Stir precisely. Set aside, it needs to cool down completely.
When cooled down:
- Prepare a clean springform cake pan and keep it handy.
- Beat 36% cream for around 5-7 minutes with a mixer (till the whipped cream is stiff). Stop mixing and slowly, spoon after spoon, add cooled down mousse. Stir gently, till it all links.
- Pour the mousse to the springform. Cover for with foil and put in the fridge to let it stiffen for few hours.
When ready, prepare raspberry cream::
- Take a small bowl/pot, put 30ml of milk inside, heat till hot. Add 1,5 teaspoon of powdered gelatin and stir till it melts completely. Set aside so that it cools down.
- Take another bowl suitable for mixing and put mascarpone, 36% cream and powdered sugar inside. Beat till stiff. Add raspberries and cooled down gelatin(melted in milk). Mix till everything links.
- Put on the top of the cake, distribute equally all over.
- Cool down in the fridge for another few hours.
- When stiff, take out from the fridge. Using a knife, cut the cake around, very close to the sides of the springform, to make taking it out from the springform easier.
- Take ladyfingers, stick them around the cake (the mousse is sticky, ladyfingers will stick easily).
- Take a ribbon, decorate the cake with it, tying it around the cake.
- Decorate the top of the cake with (preferably) forest fruit.
- Store in the fridge.
- Bon Appetit! :)