Best of all! Why? Explanation in 2 words - 'Mum's kitchen' ;) It is even said that this is the first and sometimes the only soup that children like ;) It is very easy to prepare, very tasty and healthy (it helps to cure for instance cold and flu ;) )!
Chicken soup became our traditional meal :) We eat it every Sunday :) I do recommend!
P.S. It is not a spider on the spoon, it is a lamp on the ceiling ;)
- 2kg fresh chicken
- 1 package of filini pasta
- 3 big carrots
- 1-2 parsley(s) (without leaves)
- 1/3-1/2 celery
- 1 leek
- some lovage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of vegeta (or more if preferred)
- 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt
- 2-3 allspice grains
- 2-3 pepper grains
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Chicken soup cube (like Knorr's)
- Wash the chicken, cut out all the fat, tripe, etc. and throw it away.
- Using a big knife, cut the chicken into 2 pieces (or smaller if preferred, it will shorten the time of preparation).
- Take a big pot, put chicken inside and fill completely with water.
- Add pinch of salt and start boiling (the entire boiling will take around 1,5 hour).*
- During that time, prepare all the vegs - wash, peel and chop them if necessary.
- At some point a ,,weird" foam will start appearing on the top of the water. Using a spoon, take it out and throw away.
- When the foam stops appearing, add spices.
- After at least 45 minutes of boiling, add vegetables and continue boiling.
- In the meantime prepare the pasta, as the instruction on the packaging says. When done, put in a colander and pour cold water on it (it will prevent the pasta from being too sticky).
- It is good to check if the chicken is ready - take it out from the soup, put on a big place and cut into smaller pieces, checking if it isn't raw inside (put it back in the soup).
- When done, serve with pasta, carrot pieces and parsley leaves.
- Bon Appetit! :)
* Here - optionally and especially if the chicken isn't wonderfully fresh - you can put the chicken in a pot with water, add salt (1/2-1 teaspoon) and leave it for around an hour. After that time, change the water completely, add some salt again and continue preparing the soup as the following steps say.