Basic, classic, elegant. This is one of the most useful recipe, for all occassions. So today, as an Easter Muffins I want to present them - yoghurt muffins with a nice, delicate lemon taste and a raspberry surprise inside.
I realize that the biggest surprise are the wrrapings, and some of You probably crave for them ;) They come from the website of one of the most known producent in Poland and you can find them and many others here. Have fun and Happy Easter! :)
The base, slightly changed, comes from this website.
Ingredients (for 24 smaller muffins) all of them need to be room temperatured.
- 250g of natural yoghurt (but not a "0% fat" one)
- 150g of margarine
- 4 eggs
- lemon zest from 2 lemons
- 300g of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 250g of sugar
- Raspberry jam
- Take a pan, melt butter inside. Let it cool down.
- Start preheating the oven to 170C.
- Prepare muffin cases and keep handy.
- Prepare a big bowl.
- Put yoghurt inside and mix it with cool melted butter. Add eggs and lemon zest. Beat.
- Now add sieved flour, soda, salt and sugar. Stir only till all the ingredients mix.
- Fill the muffin cases with dough till their 3/4 height.
- Put in the oven and bake for around 25-30 minutes, till you reach a dry toothpick.
- Take them out and using a syringe with very thin 'needle' like ending and inject the jam inside.
- Remove the excess of the jam that starts coming out from the muffin.
- Let the muffins cool down.
- Prepare the icing, for example from this recipe and decorate the muffins.
- When done, you can dress up your muffins using this wrapping. Remember to cut it out precisely and laminate, before using :)
- Bon Appetit! :)