There are sometimes recipe on the Internet, which - when you see them - you know - they are going to be just awesome :) And this is a perfect example of such situation. This is a perfect combination of sour orange jam and sweet white chocolate with some more ingredients that will make you forget about calories ;)
I do recommend!
The recipe, slightly changed, comes from my favourite website.
Ingredients (for a 20x30cm baking pan):
- 170g of flour
- 80g of potato starch
- 50g of sugar
- 150g of cold margarine
- 1 egg
- A jar of orange jam
- a handful of dried apricots
- 100g of almond flakes
- optionally - 4 tablespoons of orange liqueur
- 150g of white chocolate
- 5 tablespoons of 36% cream
- Take a bowl, sieve flour and potato starch inside. Add sugar and margarine (cut into cubes). Knead or mix well. Add egg and knead again till well combined.
- Make a bowl, cover with cling film and put in the fridge for an hour.
- During that time, prepare the kitchen surface, to roll out the dough.
- Start preheating the oven to 160C.
- Take the cake out and roll out.
- Put in the baking pan, on the entire bottom + 1cm sides.
- Using a fork, make holes on the entire bottom.
- Put in previously preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes till gold.
- Cool down.
- Distribute the orange jam (mixed with 2 tablepoons of liqueur if used) all over the bottom (probably not entire jar, but half or so).
- Put apricots, in any pattern desired (I did the chequered pattern).
- In a pan, melt 100g of chocolate with 5 tablespoons of 36% cream (and 2 tablespoons of liqueur if used). When done, add the remaining chocolate and stir till it melts. Put aside to let it cool down a little.
- Distribute the frosting on a cake (any pattern desired, again) and sprinkle with almond flakes.
- Bon Appetit!