Why didn't my grandparents tell me about it earlier? Or - why didn't I think of it earlier? Well... better late than never ;)
- Make sure your lemons are scalded precisely.
- Lemon's skin may give a little bitter taste, so the skin can be peeled to avoid it.
- 0,5kg of lemons (4-5 lemons, choose those with thin skin, beautifully yellow, with no darker spots)
- 100-150g of honey
- 20-40ml of Golden Rum (or more, depending on a personal taste)
- 1-2 teaspoons of sugar (optionally)
- Prepare a clean jar.
- Wash lemons and scald them with hot, boiling water.
- Cut both edges of every lemon, throw them away.
- Cut lemons into slices, put inside the jar.
- Take a glass, put honey inside, add Rum(optionally) and stir precisely.
- If desired - add sugar and stir till it melts.
- Pour the mixture to the jar with lemons.
- Close the jar and leave it in peace for 2-3 days.
- It is good to shake the jar from time to time (for example once a day).
- Bon Appetit!! :)