Slightly changed, the recipe comes from this website.
Ingredients (for around 20 buns, depending on size):
- 20g of fresh yeast
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 glasses of flour
- 1/2 glass of milk
- 1 egg
- 63g of melted, cooled down butter
- pinch of salt
- 70-80g of melted butter
- 1/3-1/2 glass of brown sugar
- few teaspoons of ground cinnamon
Optional filling ingredients:
- Take a bowl, put yest, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon of flour and half of the milk, stir, to prepare a leaven and put aside in a warm place, for around 15 minutes (it needs to double its size).
- During that time, melt 63g of butter and cool down a little.
- Take another bowl, put remaining flour, salt, egg and the rest of milk and sugar inside. Add the leaven. Knead for around 10 minutes, till smooth.
- Add milk and knead again till it stops sticking to a hand. Put aside in a warm place, so that it doubles its size again (it may take more time than previously).
- During that time, melt the butter for the filling.
- Take a baking tray, put baking paper on it. Put aside.
- Divide the dough into 3 parts. Take a rolling pin and roll out (using only a little flour) the first piece. Distibute the butter all over, sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon and opitionally raisins.
- Roll up (tight, tube shape) and cut into 3-4 cm pieces.
- Put every piece gently on previously prepared baking tray, leaving some space between every bun, cause they will grow up.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes in 180C.
- Bon appetit! ;)