This is my old idea of making a delicious dinner out of simple ingredients! And, what is more important, with that dish, everyone will find something suitable for themselves, for example:
For children - there is pasta, which, if they are faddy - might be served only with chicken or with butter+sugar.
For vegetarians: just take away the chicken.
For those on a diet - no mushroom sauce and no cheese.
The recipe is mostly mine, I took the recipe for the sauce from this website.
- 500g of chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 packaging of wholemeal Fusilli pasta
- 100-200 g of cheese, grated (or some slices to put on the top)
- 1 onion, chopped
- pepper, salt, cayenne pepper (be careful with cayenne, it is spicy)
- parsley - leaves, to sprinkle the top
- around 1/2 kg of mushrooms (penny buns)
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 g of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 125 ml of 30-36% cream
- pepper, salt
- 2-3 tablespoons of fresh, chopped parsley
- 5 tablespoons of beer or white wine
- Take a bigger, clean pot, pour water and a pinch of salt inside. Put on a stove, boil on a middle heat. When it reaches 100C, add pasta, stir, change the heat into low. Boil for 7-12 minutes. Stir from time to time*.
- When it's done, put the pasta on a colander and pour cold water on the pasta.**
** This is a good way to avoid sticky pasta.
- Chop into pieces, season with salt and pepper and cayenne.
- Take a very big frying pan, grease it a little bit with oil. Turn the heat on.
- Put the chopped chicken on the frying pan and fry for 10-15 minutes.
- Clean the penny buns very precisely using a knife or a brush. If necessary - clean them quickly under cold water. Dry on a paper towel. Chop.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Take a frying pan, put 30g of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil on it. Add chopped onion and fry for 5 minutes on a middle heat. Add garlic and fry for another 1-2 minutes on a low heat. It needs to be gold, not burnt.
- Add optional ingredients. Boil till water evaporates and a thick substance appears.
- Add the rest of the buter and the oil. When it starts frying, add penny buns and fry on a high heat for around 6 minutes, stiring from time to time.
- Take the cream, add 2-3 tablespoons of sauce from the frying pan, stir. Pour everything on the frying pan and boil on midle heat. Season with salt (1-2 pinch(es)). Stir. Boil for around 2 minutes so that the sauce has a chance to get thicker. At the end, add parsley and season with pepper. Stir, turn the heat off.
- Take the sauce and pour it on the frying pan with meat. Add pasta, boil for few minutes, stiring. Turn the heat off.
- Bon Appetit! :)