There is one, particular muffin recipe that I do love. The dough is soft, fluffy, it melts in your mouth. And I thought about a cake made of that recipe, with seasonal fruit... and some my private topping ideas...and it appeared to be delicious :) worth trying :)
The recipe for the dough comes from: http://www.kwestiasmaku.com/zielony_srodek/maliny/babeczki_z_malinami/przepis.html
- 300 g of butter
- 2 glasses of sugar
- 1 glass + 2 tablespoons of potato flour
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 6 small eggs or 4 big ones
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 3/4 glass of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- fruit - blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc
- 2 packagings of budyn (or 2x ingredients from this recipe)
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1-2 packaging(s) of ready-made meringue (of course you can use your own, home made if you wish)
Base, the dough:
- Take a bigger pot. Cutting butter into smaller pieces, put it inside. Melt on a low heat (2-4 minutes or shorter if it starts burning).
- Take it out of the stove. Add sugar, potato flour, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of water. Stir quickly to make it link. Cool down.
- Add eggs - one after another, stiring after every egg. Add flour, baking powder, stir.
- Take a rectangular pan, put the dough inside, distribute all over the form.
- Add fruit - all over the cake.
- Put in the oven for around 30-45 minutes on 150-170C, till it gets golden colour. (I set 160C).*! Check, using a toothpick, if the cake is ready.
- When done, cool down.
- Prepare 2 ' budyń ' as the packagings (or recipe - double it) says. When ready, add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, stir. Pour it on the cake, distribute all over the cake.
- Sprinkle with meringue (try to choose meringue that has no additional flavour)
- Sprinkle with fruit.
- Keep in the fridge.
- Bon Appetit ! :)
*Keep looking - every oven works differently (mind that some ovens tend to burn some parts - for example things that are at the back of the oven) don't let it get gold too fast, because the inside will be raw.