Pilaf, (also known as pulaw, pulao, polow, plov and pilav) came across while looking for an unusual way of preparing a meal. A very weird-looking recipe from http://www.kwestiasmaku.com/dania_dla_dwojga/pilaf_z_jajkiem_dorszem/przepis.htm has gained the name 'The fushion of flavours' because, indeed, it undoubtedly is.
Definitely worth trying!
Ingredients (4 portions):
- 200 g (2 bags) of rice
- 2-3 tablespoons of raisins (= sultanas)
- 4 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons of almond flakes (might be slightly browned on the frying pan)
- spices: 1/2-1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 5-7 cardamom seeds (powder might be used instead, but then not more than 2 teaspoons), 2 teaspoons of Sichuan Pepper (I used basic, classic, black one instead), 3 teaspoons of yellow curcuma, 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 of the lemon or lime
- 300-500 g of cod fillets
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 boiled eggs, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Take a pot, pour water inside, salt it. Boil. When the water reaches 100C, add rice. Boil it for 10-15 minutes, till the rice gets soft.
- Take a quite big casserole, cut the rice bag and put the rice inside.
- Turn on the oven and start preheating it to 150C.
- Take the cod, wash it, cut it into smaller pieces, sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Mix the rice with raisins, parsley, almonds, cinnamon, cardamom, pepper, 2 teaspoons of curcuma. Stir. Add bay leaves and lime/lemon wedges.
- Put the cod in the casserole, sprinkle with the last teaspoon of curcuma and with oil.
- Cover the casserole with foil and put in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- If the fish is not ready after spending 30 minutes in hot oven, take the foil off and bake for additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, cut into wedges.
- Bon Appetit! :)