The best carrot cake I've ever eaten. Even my family was surprised when they tried it. A definite must-do!
The recipe comes from my friend (greets!). She's got it that recipe from her friend who is a landlady, owning a hostel in Polish mountains(https://www.facebook.com/SchroniskoJaworzec), pampering her guests with that cake ;)
- 4 big eggs
- 1,5 glasses of sugar
- 2 glasses of flour
- 3/4 glass of oil
- 1 good teaspoon of gingerbread spice
- 1 good teaspoon of cinnamon spice
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2-3 glasses of grated carrot
Optional ingredients - decoration:
- powdered sugar
- icing sugar (for example from that recipe, but lemon here, with carrot cake, is optional)
- chocolate glaze
- Take a mixer and its bowl. Put eggs inside the bowl and mix to get a fluffy, bright foam.
- Without stopping the mixer, add sugar, flour, oil, gingerbread spice and cinnamon as well as baking powder and soda. Mix till all the ingredients link.
- Add carrot, stir.
- Start preheating the oven to 130C.
- Take (preferably) a rectangular pan, grease it and put the baking paper inside.
- Pour the dough to the pan.
- Put the cake inside the oven, increase the temperature to 170C and bake for 35-45 minutes to the dry toothpick.
- When finished, leave the cake in turned off, opened oven for a while.
- Decorate the cake.
- Bon Appetit! :)