A very tasty, classic chocolate-cream cake :) Looks very elegant, might play a role of a small birthday cake :) might be prepared both in adults' version (with alcohol) or without. Both mouth-watering! :)
The recipe from the sponge cake comes from this website.
Sponge Cake: (it is good for a springform cake tin but for rectangular it is adviced to double these ingredients)
- 7 eggs
- 1 glass of sugar
- 2/3 glass of baking cocoa
- 2/3 glass of flour
- 1 litre of 36% cream
- 1/4-1/2 glass of sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons of gelatin
- half of the glass of hot water
- 100g of dark chocolate
- 100g of milk chocolate
- 50g of butter
- whipped cream
- cherry liqueur
- plum/cherry jam
- around 1kg of cherries (fresh, frozen or from the liqueur)
- Take a tin. Grease it(entire tin) and put baking paper inside (only on the bottom). Put aside.
- Take a small bowl. Mix flour and cocoa inside, very precisely. If needed - sieve.
- Start preheating the oven to 170C.
- Take a new bowl. Separate egg yolks from egg whites, so that the whites remain in a bowl and whites in a glass (for example).
- Stir the yolks precisely and put aside.
- Beat the egg whites on a low rotation for 2-3 minutes till the foam appears. Gratually increasing the rotation of the mixer start adding the sugar, one tablespoon after another. Generally, beat the whites for 10 minutes.
- Slowly start adding egg yolks (step by step, one needs to link precisely before adding another part of the yolks).
- Divide mixed flour and cocoa into 3 parts. Add it to the mixure, step by step, very carefully (not to destroy the foam) stiring with a big spoon very precisely (the flour on the bottom of the bowl tends to remain unmixed/unlinked).
- Pour the cake to previously prepared tin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (till the toothpick is dry) in 170C.
- After that time, take it out from the oven and throw energetically on the kitchen's surface. Cool down.
- When cooled down, cut into 2 equal pieces using a knife or for example a thread.
- It is advisable to put it back in a tin, if possible.
- If desired - take a jam and (optioanlly) mix it with alcohol and cherries.
- Make sure the cream is very cold.
- Take the glass with hot water, put gelatin inside, stir till it melts. Cool down (it needs to be a liquid after cooling down, if needed - add a little water).
- Take a mixer and its bowl. Put the cold cream inside, add sugar, start beating - around 10 minutes. Add cooled down gelatin (make sure it is still a liquid). Mix precisely.
- Take a pot, put butter inside.
- Melt the butter on the lowest heat.
- Add chopped chocolates, heating or not, but stiring all the time, carefully so that it doesn't burn.
- Stir and cool down a little.
Preparing the cake:
- Take the first piece, sprinkle with liqueur (optional), put jam(with or without liqueur, but it's still optional) and cherries (optional) on it. Put whipped cream. Add cherries on the top(optional).
- Take the second piece of the cake, sprinkle with liqueur (optional), put jam(with or without liqueur, but it's still optional)on it and put on the first piece of cake.
- Pour previously prepared chocolate on the entire top.
- Put in a fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
- Before serving, it is a good idea to decorate the cake with whipped cream, cherries, almonds etc.
- Bon Appetit! :)