These are very nice, crunchy cookies, which might be prepared in any shape desired, if only You have a cookie cutter :) Margarine gives all of the bakery that characteristic, outrageous taste that makes you want another cookie :) I think they're wonderful for kids, especially when cut in a nice, (now) Christmas-theme shape :) Of course it is possible to decorate it with icing sugar, making Snowmen, Santas, Reindeers and other wonders (yes, yes, pinterest appears to be very helpful here ;) ), if only You have enough time and stomachs enjoying very sweet cookies.
Slightly changed recipe comes from this website.
- 150g margarine
- 75g of powdered sugar
- 230g of flour
- 1 egg yolk
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla or orange extract
- 75g of walnuts, chopped
- 75g of candied orange skin
- Take a big bowl, put margarine, powdered sugar, flour, egg yolk, salt and extract inside and knead.
- Add walnuts and orage skin.
- Prepare a baking pan, cover with bakig paper.
- Start preheating the oven to 200C.
- For circles - divide the dough into 2-3 pieces and make cylinders (the diameter of the cylinder is the diameter of the cookie), put in the freezer till it completely freezes.
- When ready, cut into slices, around 0,5-1 cm thick. The dough won't grow, so the cookie will look absolutely the same.
- For cookie cutter shapes: put in the freezer till it is really hard but not completely frozen.
- Take the rolling pin and roll out the dough to 0,5-1cm thick (use a little flour if neccesary).
- Cut the shapes.
- Put the cookies on a baking pan, bake for 10 minutes in 200C.
- Cool down, decorate with icing sugar if desired.
- Bon appetit! :)