Winter is coming, snow is slowly falling down from the sky and what's more important Christmas is coming as well, so here is another sweet recipe for cold winter evenings at home. These are surprisingly tasty, sweet, cinnamon crunchy cookies which will be a good match for hot tea, cocoa and blanket ;) Another huge advantage - if you're running out of time, these are very easy cookies and quick to make. Sprinkled with powdered sugar or glucose, look like a snowball on a table :)
There original recipe is here, though I've made quite a lot of changes, such as replacing butter with margarine which I tend to do very often recently.
- 250g of margarine
- 100g of powdered sugar (+ more to sprinkle the cookies)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1,5 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 100g of chopped walnuts
- 100g of candied orange skin
- 375g of flour
- Prepare a baking tray and put baking paper all over it.
- Start preheating the oven to 180C.
- Take a mixer and its bowl. Put margarine and powdered sugar inside and beat till bright and fluffy (around 10 minutes).
- Add vanilla extract, walnuts, cinnamon, candied orange skin and mix till well combined.
- Add flour and mix (or knead) again till well combined.
- Start making balls (around 2 teaspoons of dough for 1 ball) and place on previously prepared baking tray (they might be placed close to each other as they won't grow).
- If the oven is ready, bake for 10-15 minutes till golden brown.
- Cool down on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Bon Appetit!