When the owner of MojeWypieki says this is the best carrot cake you've ever eaten, then... it really is the best carrot cake you'll ever eat, if you decide to prepare it. What a taste, my Godness! I can't believe how quickly did this cake disappear! I'm lucky I managed to snap some pictures for You!
This is a must-bake. It looks wonderful, it is possible to decorate it in many different ways, it can also be served as a birthday cake.
What's more, the wonderful taste - thanks to all the spices - gives it a little bit an aroma of Christmas... :)
Here is the source, I changed it just a little bit :)
- This cake is for a small springform (diameter -> 20 cm), if You wish to make it much bigger, it is neccessary to double all the ingredients.
For the dough:
- 2/3 glass of flour
- 1/2 glass of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinammon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 glass of oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 glass of walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 glass of chopped pineapple (fresh or tinned one)
- 1 full glass of ground carrots
For the filling&top:
- 250g of philadelphia cheese
- 6 tablespoons of butter (room temperatured)
- 1,5 glass of powdered sugar, sieved
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Any pattern desired made of cinnamon powder or cocoa
- Edible carrots
- Chocolate flowers
- ... :)
- All the ingredients needs to be room temperatured.
- Take a springform, grease it and put baking paper all over. Set aside.
- Take one big bowl, sieve into it all the 'dry ingredients' inside (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, spices)
- In another bowl, beat eggs and oil.
- Mix both bowls, add carrot, walnuts, pineaples and stir precisely with a spoon.
- Pour the dough into the springform and bake in 175C for 30-40 minutes (to the point when the toothpick comes out dry).
- Set aside, in the springform, to let it cool down.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling&top.
- Take a mixer and its bowl, put all the ingredients inside and mix till bright. (It is advisable firstly to add 1/2 teaspoon of the extract and check if it isn't already too strong).
- When the cake cooled down completely, open the springform and cut the cake lengthways into two pieces.
- Put half of the filling on the first piece of cake, cover with the other one, distribute the remaining filling on the top and decorate.
- Keep in the fridge (though the filling is strong and will remain as beautiful as it is in a room temperature for a quite long time).
- Bon Appetit ! :)