Ohh how much I love preparing those little desserts! Perfect with coffee, vanilla-flavoured jelly-like dessert, easy to prepare and without using the oven :)
Panna Cotta might be prepared in dozen of different flavours(many different extracts might be used instead of vanilla - like almond, coconut, rum, citrus ones...) and in many different shapes(it is up to You what kind of receptacle or form You'll pour it into :) )
Original recipe from this website.
Ingredients: (for 4-7 portions)
- 3 teaspoons of powdered gelatin
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 250 ml of 30-36% cream
- 250 ml of milk (2-3,2% of fat, not less)
- 80 g of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of rum
- 1 tablespoon of white wine
Fresh fruit(for instance: strawberries, raspberries, wild strawberries, cherries), fruit mousse, caramel, chocolate, nuts
- Put the gelatin in a tumbler and suffuse it with 2 tablespoons of water. Leave it for 5 minutes.
- Take a pot and put the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla extract inside. Stir till the sugar is melted.
- Add optional ingredients if you want to.
- Boil and take it out quickly from your cooker. Add the gelatin and stir quickly for more or less 1 minute till the gelatin melts completely.
- Pour the mixture into cups.
- Cool it. Cover with (for example) aluminium foil and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours (entire night advisable)
- How to take Panna Cotta out of the cup?
Another way is just to put the knife inside the cup's edge and cut it inside near to the edges of the cup.