That's a very delicious, quick, easy and light dinner :) Soft, sweet, might be served with butter, sugar or shredded coconut. Children love it! It is definitely worth trying! :)
Recipe comes from my Grandmum :)
- 10 boiled potatoes
- 2-3 pinches of salt
- around 300 g of flour
- 500 g of plums
- 1 egg
- shredded coconut
- Take a middle-size clean pot, fill with water, add some salt (2-3 pinches).
- Add potatoes and boil them till soft (10-15 minutes).
- In the meantime, wash the plums, throw away the kernels, cut the plums into halves.
- Take a pot, pour water inside, start boiling.
- Take a big bowl, put boiled potatoes inside, smash till you get a smooth 'dough', cool down.
- Add flour, and egg, knead till you get a dough, which is not extremely sticky and you can form a ball (which is why I put 'around' 300g of flour - depending on your potatoes - some of them come out more sticky after boiling, some of them less = in some cases you might need more/less flour). Make the ball flat. Put one half of the plum in the middle of the dough, add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, close(it needs to be done very precisely), forming a ball again.*
- When the water in the second pot is boling, put your dumplings inside, boil for around 5-7 minutes.**
- Take them out of the water (they cannot remain in the water).
- Here you can distribute extra ingredients over boiled dumplings - some butter to melt or sprinkle them with sugar/shredded coconut.
- Bon Appetit! :)
* It is not necessary to add sugar, you can make them without any sugar (but they might come out sour, especially if the plums are sour, so I do recommed adding it).
** If the dumplings 'swim' on the top of the water, they're ready.