Very easy and tasty cake. Last minute idea, when you have a craving for a cake ;)The only thing I needed to buy to prepare it was a greek yoghurt ;) So the cost of preparing it is automatically low too :) Recipe comes from all over the Internet, containing some Italian websites (for example: ricette.giallozafferano.it , emikodavies.com) :)
- 300 g of greek yoghurt
- 300 g of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 g of oil
- 600 g of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 16 g of vanilla sugar
- 200-500 g of fruit - plums, apples, nectarine, pear (preffered harder ones, not very juicy)
- some butter
- powdered sugar or icing sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons zest of a lemon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Wash, peel and chop the fruit into wedges.
- Start heating the oven to 200C.
- Take a big bowl.
- Put yoghurt and sugar inside, add eggs and stir. Add oil and stir again.
- Add flour, baking powder and optional ingredients (if desired). Stir everything.
- Add fruit and stir again.
- Take a springform cake tin (though I used fluted cake ring) grease it thoroughly.
- Put the dough in a tin and bake for 30-40 minutes in 200C.*
- Check, by using a toothpick if the cake is ready (put the toothpick as deep as possible, to get sure).
- Take it out from the oven, cool down, then overturn the cake and by tapping, take it out from the form.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or icing sugar.
- Bon Appetit! :)
* The top of the cake may start getting burnt very fast because the oven is already preheated. To prevent your cake, when you notice it starts burning, put a piece of foil on the entire top of the cake.