The air smells of holidays, at last the barbecue season is officially open, because the weather is so pleasant and warm during late afternoons and evening. But after many BBQs there are always some leftovers and there is a doubt - what to do with them? Well, if you don't enjoy reheating them, this is a mouth-watering solution.
Obviously, this is not only an idea for BBQ's leftovers. ;)
Recipe comes from my friend's mum. Enormous thanks for her for the recipe!
- 2-3 tablespoons of oil
- 1/2-1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic cut info slices
- sausages cut into slices
- tomato puree
- (sweet&)spicy sauce
- 1 pepper - cut into stripes or small parts
- courgette - cut into slices
- red (kidney) beans
- tomato wedges
- Put the oil on the frying pan. Put garlic, onion and sausages, fry (on an average heat) till their colour get light gold. Turn the heat off.
- Take a tumbler. Put 5 tablespoons of tomato puree inside. Add 2 tablespoons of water. Stir. Pour it on the frying pan.
- Starting from 3 tablespoons of each - add the sauce and ketchup. Stir. Turn on the heat, on the lowest power.
- Add optional ingredients and the pepper. Stir.
- Taste it and decide which flavour of the 3 ingredients (tomato puree, ketchup, sauce) you want to predominate. Of course it might be one of them, two or all of them. Add one tablespoon after another, trying it by taking a clean spoon every time you try it. While adding more tomato puree - it is essential to stir it with some water first.
- This meal might be eaten on its own or, for instance, with bread.
- Bon Appetit!