Without a hesitate I claim that this is a gourmet sensation vol.2 :) It also has plenty of advantages: it is easy to prepare, with every fruit you wish and can be a 'soft' dessert or it can contain some ingredients for adults... :)
Slightly changed, recipe comes from Nigella Lawson.
- 1 packaging of ready-made meringue
- 300 ml of 36% cream
- 1/2-1 kg of fruit (strawberries, raspberries, cherries, blueberries...)
- 2-4 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
- strawberry, pomegranate, raspberry, cherry syrup
- Wash your fruit. Dry on a paper towel. Cut 3/4 of them into smaller pieces (not in the case of raspberries or cherries, they're small enough), put into a bowl.
- Sprinkle your fruit with vanilla sugar, put aside.
- Using a mixer, prepare the cream. Put the cream in a mixer's bowl, add 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar and mix - it needs to be really stiff (it will take around 5-9 minutes of mixing).
- Crumble the meringue.
- Prepare some dessert bowls - start making tiers in every dessert bowl, starting from whichever ingredient you wish (for example: cream, meringue, (syrup), fruit...) the last tier belongs to fruit - either chopped ones or the remained 1/4.
- Bon appetit! :)
About the Cherry Mess:
I simply used some cherries from my Cherry Liqueur (I didn't sprinkle them with anything) and instead of syrup I put 2-4 teaspoons of the liqueur. For adults - worth, worth trying!