A very tasty, non-baking recipe for banana lovers :) I did enjoy it a lot :) It is quick, easy and very sweet :) Looks delicious and You can write something or make a nice heart, star, etc- shape on the top :)
The recipe comes from this website, though I made some changes, I skipped lemon juice as it gives a strange taste.
- 350g of chocolate/cocoa cookies/biscuits
- optionally - (if the cookies are cocoa flavoured) - 2 tablespoons of of baking cocoa
- 100g of butter(melted)
- 60g of potato starch
- 60g of sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 500ml of milk
- 3-4 bananas, cut into slices
- 400g of cold 36% cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1,5 tablespoon of gelatin + 1/4 glass of water
- optionally: sauces - caramel, chocolate; baking cocoa - to sprinkle the top, shredded chocolate
- Prepare a baking pan for a tart, (around 24 cm diameter) - preferably silicone one, as it is much easier to take out the cake from it (unless You own a tart springform).
- Crush the cookies in a food processor or blender's cube cutter or any other method - crush them very precisely (sand-like). Add melted butter, mix precisely. Check with your hand if the bottom is sticky enough, if not, add a little bit more butter.
- If necessary - add baking cocoa.
- Distribute crushed cookies evenly all over the tart pan (bottom + sides) and press a little.
- Put in the fridge.
- Take a pot, put potato starch, sugar and egg yolks inside and mix. Gradually add milk, mixing all the time. Start heating on a low heat till all the ingredients mix/dissolve precisely and you get a smooth mixture.
- Keep heating (bring to boil) and stiring till it thickens (be careful not to burn it, it tends to stick to the bottom of the pot and burn). If there are any lumps - mix with a mixer or blender. Set aside.
- Put the 36%cream in the freezer.
- Wash and peel bananas, cut into slices.
- Take the bottom from the fridge and pour the custard evenly all over the bottom.
- Distribute bananas evenly on the custard (one or two layers if necessary). Put it back in the fridge.
- Take a pot, put gelatin and water inside, mix. Heat and stir till it melts and set aside.
- Take a mixer and its bowl, start beating the cream with sugar (around 10 minutes). After that time add gelatin and mix precisely.
- Take the cake from the fridge, distribute whipped cream evenly on the entire top.
- Decorate in a desired way.
- Bon Appetit :)