After a quite long holiday break, it is time for something new and refreshing as we are still in holiday mood :)
Mango Lassi, deriving from India, it is based on a Mango fruit with yoghurt and water. Easy to prepare, will pamper your palate :)
I haven't taken the recipe from anywhere, I've just read on the Internet about this drink and created my own recipe. It is possible to prepare as a cold coctail, as a soft drink or with alcohol.
Ingredients (for 2-4 glasses - depending on the size of the glass):
- 2 mangos
- 1 greek yoghurt or natural yoghurt (around 300 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of Golden Syrup or honey
- 1 glass of cold/room temperature water (add only 1/2 glass of cold water if using ice cubes)
- 1-2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1-2 pinch(es) of ground cardamom (definitely worth trying)
- 2-5 ice cubes
- 20-25 ml of Vanilla Vodka or Malibu
- mint leaves
- While using Golden Syrup it is advisable to heat it a little bit - for example by putting the right amount of it in a small bowl and then that bowl in another, with hot water.
- If the mango is really really ripe - then the sugar isn't that necessary, because the more ripe the fruit is the more sugar it contains.
- Trying things while preparing them is really a useful skill - you can decide on your own whether you want the taste of the fruit to be dominant or rather the yoghurt, etc. With coctails such as Mango Lassi, just add all the ingredients gratually, mix and taste it, using a clean spoon each time you try it, to make it suitable for you.
- If preparing it in a cold version - put mangos in the freezer.
- Take a blender and its cube cutter.
- Wash and peel mangos. Chop.
- Put inside the cube cutter and mix till smooth.
- Add yoghurt, mix.
- Add Golden Syrup/honey, sugar, water, ice cubes, cardamom. Mix again till smooth or even longer, to make a foam.
- Decorate for instance with mint leaves.
- Bon Appetit! :)