I was pretty unsure about this Cheesecake as I was doing it completely on my own and I was afraid of many, many things. But... I served it and all the guests were stunned! Asking where did I buy it. And they were even more shocked when I told them that I did it on my own :) And everyone, literally, everyone asked for the recipe! That's the best award I could have got for that cheesecake :) So now I'm sharing the secret for a perfect Christmas Cheesecake with You :)
Some details: This cheesecake has a consistency of a mousse, so it melts on a palate, it's quite refreshing, because of oranges and what is its biggest advantage - it's easy and quick to prepare, because without turning on the oven ;) Enjoy! :)
Bottom of the cake:
- 200g of chocolate shortbread-like biscuits
- 80-100g of melted butter
Cheesecake: (all the ingredients must be in a room temperature except for water)
- 500g of cheesecake cheese (might be vanilla flavoured)
- 250g of mascarpone cheese
- 250ml of 36% cream
- 100-140g of powdered sugar*
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of orange extract
- 100g of orange skin
- 40g of powdered gelatin
- 140 ml of boiling water
- Orange slices
- Icing sugar
- Star anise
*About the powdered sugar: here are two nice propositions. First one, is to add a lot of powdered sugar to the cheesecake - around this 140g. If so, the cheesecake mousse is really sweet. But, it is also a good idea, to add only around 90-100g of powdered sugar and after the cake is done, to distribute Royal Icing(recipe is here) on the top of the cake.
- Take a springform cake tin.
- Put baking paper on the bottom of the tin.
- Take the cookies and crumble them on a very small, sand-like pieces.
- Mix precisely with butter. It needs to have a consistency of a wet sand.
- Put in a tin, align, make smooth, knead.
- Put in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- In a glass, mix gelatin with hot water and stir till gelatin melts completely. Put aside so that it cools down.
- Take a mixer and its bowl. Put cheesecake cheese inside, add mascarpone, cream and mix till completely smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and orange extract and mix till smooth again (it is advisable to taste the cheesecake to check if it is sweet enough).
- Take a spoon. Take around 3 tablespoons of the cheesecake mixture and mix with gelatin. Stir precisely, it needs to link.
- Put the gelatin-cheesecake mixture back in a mixer's bowl. Mix precisely.
- Add orange skin and mix again.
- Pour on the bottom. Put in the fridge till it stiffens.
- If desired - add icing and decorate for example with oranges, anise.
- Keep in the fridge.
- Bon Appetit! :)