Mum's recipe.That automatically sets it in a good position in the hierarchy of recipes. :)
Extremely easy, extremely quick, possible to be prepared with every fruit you wish. Even if it doesn't look attractive to you, the taste will change your attitude... ;)
- 3 glasses of sugar
- 3 glasses of flour
- 1 margarine (200g)
- 5 eggs
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 glass of milk
- powdered sugar
- Melt the margarine, put aside to let it cool down.
- Sieve flour and baking powder into a bowl, put aside.
- Take a springform pan or other (rectangular) form. Grease it and put the baking paper all over the form (put even more, so that some paper sticks out of the form - it will help you taking out the cake from the form)
- Mix eggs and sugar in another bowl, till bright and smooth. (around 5 minutes)
- Continue mixing and add the mix of flour and baking powder gradually till everything links.
- Without stopping the food processor (slow rotation of the mixer) add cooled down margarine and then the milk - everything also gradually.
- Now, according to the type of the cake - everything needs to be done quite quickly - put the dough into the form, add fruit (cram them in the dough, so that you get fruit cake not cake, cake... and fruit on the very top)
- Bake for 45-50 minutes on 180C and when the cake gets golder, slowly decrease the temperature (160, 150, 100C). The cake requires attention, not to burn it. Turn down the temperature when it starts getting gold, because from that point it is very easy to burn it (everything happens quite fast).
- When it is done and cooled down, sprinkle the powdered sugar on the top.
- Bon apettit!