I've always dreamt of preparing them. I have no idea why did it take me so long to do it. I think it is because of that 'burning part' that I was afraid of. But - in this case, there is no need to be afraid of fire :) Of course remember about all the necessary precautions against fire but it is not that scary :)
And the effect - ahhh, wonderful :) And it is so easy to prepare it ! Unbelievable! :) Must try!
The inspiration for the recipe comes - surprisingly - from the packaging of cinnamon :) Changed, as always, works perfectly :)
- 2-3 bananas (preferably hard ones)
- 40-50 g of butter
- 1/4 glass of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinammon
- 1 orange - squeezed, to get 1/4-1/2 glass of the orange juice
- 1/4-1/2 glass of Golden Rum or Whisky
- Ice cream - for example vanilla ones
- Whipped cream
- Any favourite sauce
- Take bananas, wash, peel, cut - the length and breadth of them.*
- Take a frying pan, put butter on it and start heating on the lowest heat, so that the butter melts. Add sugar** and cinammon. Stir.
- Add bananas, boil, to get caramel. Stir from time to time.
- When the caramel is ready, add orange juice and cover everything with a lid, to let the liquid thicken.
- Add Golden Rum or Whisky. Stir.
- Using a lighter or a matchstick, set bananas on fire.
- Burn for a while. Damp down the fire by using a lid (but it will probably stop burning on its own).
- Gently take them out from the frying pan and put on a plate.
- Bon Appetit!! :)
*Even if you consider your bananas small and you are unwilling to cut them - I do recommend it, at least into halves, because after preparation, they get very soft and it is hard to take them out from the frying pan.
** If there is still too little butter and what you get is dry sugar - add a little more butter to get a liquid-like substance.