Something new and quite unusual :) Very tasty :) I think it is hard(impossible!) to prepare awful pancakes ;) This is my own recipe, but the idea comes from the book I've mentioned some time ago ('Biblioteczka Poradnika Domowego. Naleśniki, placki, omlety').
You can prepare either rum pancakes or ginger pancakes or rum and ginger pankes.
Ingredients for the basic pancake dough:
- 500 ml of milk
- around 300 g of flour*
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 16 g (1 packaging) of vanilla sugar
- 1/2 glass of sugar (or less or a little more, depending on a personal taste)
- 1/2 or 1 flat teaspoon of baking powder
- 1-4 teaspoons of rum (I used Golden Rum)**
- 1/3-1/2 teaspoon of grounded ginger***
* I don't measure flour - which is why it is 'around' 300g. The easiest way - put all the other ingredients in the bowl, mix and at the end start adding flour - the dough needs to be quite thick, it cannot be thin.
** and *** Be careful while adding rum and ginger as they're strong additionals. Add them step by step, tasting the dough every time, using a clean teaspoon everytime, though remember not to eat too much of the dough cause it causes stomachache.
- Take a big bowl. Put all the ingredients inside, stir or mix till smooth.
- Now you can add additional ingredients - whichever you wish and in a desired amount. If you want to have ginger and rum pancakes separately, you can make second basic dough in a different pot.
- Take a big frying pan. Grease it with oil and start preheating on a low heat. After a few seconds, pour some dough on it and distribute the dough on the entire frying pan. Fry for around 30 seconds or more, on a low heat, till the dough congeals. Overturn when the colour is gold.
- Decorate with a favourite additional ingredient - whipped cream, chocolate/caramel sauce, fruit, etc.
- Bon Appetit! :)