A very tasty shortcake, perfect for an Easter table. I have never tried such shortcakes, as my family was used to such Easter shortcakes (which are, indeed very tasty too), but this year I decided to try something new and I am not dissapointed. Try, try, it is worth it ! :)
Recipe, slightly changed, comes from this website.
- 170g of flour
- 80g of potato starch
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 50g of sugar
- 150g of cold margarine
- 1 egg
- 200g of cherries
- 25g of milk chocolate
- 125ml of 36% cream
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom
- 30g of margarine
- 200g of white chocolate
- Take a bowl, sieve flour and potato starch inside. Add sugar and margarine (cut into cubes). Knead or mix well. Add egg and knead again till well combined.
- Make a bowl, cover with cling film and put in the fridge for an hour.
- During that time, prepare the kitchen surface, to roll out the dough.
- Start preheating the oven to 160C.
- Take the cake out and roll out.
- Put in the baking pan, on the entire bottom + 1cm sides.
- Using a fork, make holes on the entire bottom.
- Put in previously preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes till gold.
- Cool down.
- Take a pan, put cream inside, add coffee and cardamom and heat, till it all dissolves. Stop heating, add butter and chocolate, stir till it all melts (if it is hard - heat it up a little bit).
- Pour it on previously cooled down shortcake bottom and put in a cold place for an hour so that it stiffens.
- Put pieces of cherries in any pattern desired, decorate.
- Melt remaining milk chocolate and distribute all over the shortcake.
- Store in room temperature.
- Bon Appetit! :)