Ohh, by accident, my mum came up with a gorgeous idea to 'upgrade' that cake. If you've already tried to do it, you've probably noticed that there are 6 egg whites remaining. I have no idea why haven't I thought about it earlier - it is possible to make a sweet meringue on that cake :) it is cruelly delicious ! must try! :) Recipe... basic + my mum :) greets for her !
- 6 egg whites (the ones that remain from the cake)
- 200-250 g of sugar
- 1-1,5 teaspoon of potato starch
- Prepare the dough for the bottom of the cake, crème pâtissière and the crumble from the basic recipe.
- Bake the bottom of the cake as the basic recipe says.
- Cool down the baked bottom, put crème pâtissière on it and plums.
- Not earlier, but now start preparing the meringue.
- Take a big bowl (preferably mixer's bowl), put all the egg whites inside, start beating them with a mixer.
- Start adding sugar, one spoon after another, beating all the time. Add potato starch.
- Mix (for around 7-10 minutes) till the meringue is really stiff*
- Put the beaten meringue on the plums. Sprinkle with the crumble.
- Bake in 170C for 35-40 minutes.
- Bon Appetit!! :)
* A good way to check it is to take to bowl and overturn it. If the meringue doesn't move - it's perfectly fine.