Wednesday 23 April 2014

A Shark Steak

Uhh, I must admit that was a challenge. A shark. My first question: my Goodness, is it edible? I bought only one small piece (in case it turns out to be terrible) and searched through the Internet to find out more about good ways to prepare THAT. During my research I found some information that sharks are under preservation, did you know? Well I didn't... so that's for sure the last time I bought it. I do encourage you all to look up for such information, they're life-useful.
But - for those who don't mind or - as me - didn't know and have already bought it - here is extremely easy and short recipe that will help you prepare it and not put it in the bin (as wasting food seems same bad...)
About the fish - surprisingly not disgusting, though it probably depends on your own taste and how well can you deal with the 'fishy smell' and 'fishy taste' of the fish ;) the meat itself is bright, delicate and moist. Personally I don't know what to do with the dark part of the fish - it is edible but maybe it should be cut out?
The big advantage is - no fishbones! :) except for a big one, that needs to be cut out before preparing, but that seems obvious :)
The recipe comes from... all the ideas from the Internet put together ;)


Ingredients (serves 1):
  • 200g of shark steak
  • 1-2 drops of lemon juice 
  • spices: salt, pepper, oregano, basil
  • chopped parsley

Optional/Additional:

anything you like to eat it with, for example:
  • boiled vegetables
  • chips
  • potatoes
  • rice
  • couscous
  • grains

Preparation:
  1. Defrost the fish, wash. Cut out the big fishbone. (And here maybe the dark part too?)
  2. Sprinkle with all the spices and put aside for 10 minutes.
  3. Take a grill (electric one, or a grill-like frying pan, etc.) put the fish on it, add 1-2 drops of lemon juice, put parsley on the top, start grilling.
  4. After few minutes overturn, add another 1-2 drops of lemon juice and parsley, keep grilling for another few minutes.
  5. Bon Appetit (? ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment