I came across this recipe while looking for an alternative breakfast recipes. This paste sounded really perfect to me - something new, quick and easy to make. And - believe me, it tastes really, really good - some of you may know flavoured butters (smaksełko? ;) ) - they were extremely popular some time ago and very tasty, though I can't find it in any shop, can you? This is not a butter, as it is made of cottage cheese. Though I'm sure it would be same delicious as a butter! It is perfect for example with: fresh, hot bread/rolls, with cold meats, tomatoes, for brushetta, ciabatta bread... :)
Recipe, slightly changed, comes from this website.
- 250g of cottage cheese (low-, semi- or full-fat)
- a bunch of fresh basil
- 1/2-1 clove of garlic
- 8 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of black ground pepper
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sichuan pepper
- Put the cheese in a bowl, add spices (black pepper, salt, sichuan pepper).
- Take a blender and its bowl (or any bowl suitable for blending), put basil, garlic and oil inside, blend till smooth (or almost smooth).
- Mix basil paste with cottage cheese, blend till smooth.
- Store closed in the fridge.
- Bon Appetit! :)